Choosing the best software to fit the needs of your company can be an extremely daunting process and a great deal of time and money can be spent learning to use the software that will be used by your company. To save time and money, one of the options that a lot of companies go with is “out-of-the-box” software.
Out-of-the-box software refers to software that is ready-made for the overall general public and the advantages to using this software are:
- The software comes ready-to-install. The makers of the software are constantly making improvements that are made available to the users for download.
- There are customer support lines and online forums that are dedicated to helping their customers with issues involving the software.
- The software can help improve your business by making you work the way that is beneficial.
- Out-of-the box software can take anywhere from 2-6 months to install, while custom software can vary from project to project and generally takes longer.
- This type of software is usually affordable because it is marketed to a broad audience.
- Out-of-the-box software meets most of the basic needs of a business.
It all comes down to the needs of your business. The average business can almost always find a well-suited solution with out-of the-box software packages, while still taking advantage of some moderate customization features.
One of 2nd-Byte’s clients, Home Instead, is a great example of a company that uses out-of-the-box software. Home Instead was focusing so much time, energy, and money on finding a computer that worked for them that everything else became obsolete. Home Instead and 2nd-Byte worked together to create the perfect computer system for all of their franchisees. Now, when the franchisee opens the box and plugs in the computer, it powers up with a custom image and all of the needed applications are already pre-installed.
If you are a purchasing or IT manager and are in the market for high-quality, low-cost, off-lease refurbished computer equipment for your home or business, contact us at 2nd-Byte and we would love to help you out!
Posted in News